Hard Rock AC's Fried Risotto-Mozzarella Sticks

 Hard Rock AC's Fried Risotto-Mozzarella Sticks- 4 crowns


Wanting to indulge in a special treat while I was away in Atlantic City, I decided to order room service and obviously had to try the mozzarella sticks. For a huge hotel with multiple fine-dining eateries and a stacked food court, this was surprisingly the only place on the hotel property where you can find mozzarella sticks. That is very disappointing, considering there's so many options for munchies, and I feel like mozz is an easy sell. 


The breading: The breading was actually one of my favorite parts of this mess. Even though the food had to travel from the kitchen and up fourteen floors to my hotel room, the breadcrumbs stayed warm and crunchy. The mozzarella sticks were also covered in chopped scallions, which was a unique yet tasteful choice. 


The cheese: This is where these lost me. The cheese has a consistency that was similar to a fish stick (my mom compared it to a rice ball). The flavor was very good, but where I expected a cheese pull of some sort, it instead felt like little cheese curds somehow together in the breading shell. I did not like this consistency at all. 


The sauce: This sauce was very flavorful! I enjoyed the flavor and it did do something to save this score since it mildly concealed the awful cheese consistency. 

Overall, I do not believe that these "gourmet" mozzarella sticks were worth $18 (not including delivery fees and gratuity). The experience of ordering room service was amazing, though I believe for the money you're paying, you can choose better items from the menu. Do better, Hard Rock! Please add some cheaper mozzarella sticks SOMEWHERE in this hotel!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texas Roadhouse Twisted Mozzarella

IHOP's Mozzarella Sticks

1908 Pizzaria's Mozzarella Sticks