Texas Roadhouse Twisted Mozzarella

 Texas Roadhouse Twisted Mozzarella- 6/10 crowns

 

I am once again telling you I'm sure of what you're thinking. Mozzarella sticks... Texas Roadhouse? And, sure, you would be right, this is certainly an odd combination. I come here for the onion flower, not mozzarella sticks. I think cheddar, not mozzarella. But you know what? These were actually decent. Worth the try, if you will.


The breading: Jumping right into things, these were obviously frozen. Like, there's not going to be a sad employee in the kitchen breading twisted mozzarella cheese sticks with the bread crumbs. No. But it seemed to have a distinctive breading look instead of the fried coating which we are familiar with. Good start.

***Also! The picture on the website shows a twisted mozzarella stick shape. I have never seen that before, and still did not see them when i got my order, so that was misleading. But it's still cool to look at, so you should check that out. 


The cheese: Yeah this was your standard frozen mozzarella stick cheese. There was no cheese pull, but to be fair, I did order these as a takeout item, so from the restaurant to my dining table there was more than enough time for them to cool down.


The sauce: This is where the mozzarella stick experience got funky. Remember how I said when I think Texas Roadhouse I think cheddar before mozzarella? Turns out that thinking also applies to sauce. Texas Roadhouse served a marinara with these, if you would call it that. To me it tasted very strongly of garlic and there is no other way to describe that. Worth a dip or two to try, but so odd that you are simply better off dipping them in honey mustard.


I would have given these a five because there was nothing egregiously wrong with them, but they were just there. Not bad, not good. I tacked on the extra star because for the price, the amount that you get is in fact good, and you could do worse for your money. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHOP's Mozzarella Sticks

1908 Pizzaria's Mozzarella Sticks