Wegman's Mozzarella Sticks

 Wegman's Mozzarella Sticks- 8.5/10 crowns

These surprised me. They were solid, like, these were good! Wegmans has an in-store food court that serves all kinds of foods like subs, pizza, and sushi, and since this seems like an unlikely place to get (good) ready-to-eat fried cheese, these definitely defied my expectations. 


 The breading: These mozzarella sticks seemed to have an actual breadcrumb breading instead of the fried outer coating, which seems more expensive to me. Point, Weggy. I also got these super fresh, so the crunch was amazing! I was very impressed with this quality.


The cheese: The. Cheese. Pull. Now, like I said I ordered these fresh so the cheese pull was very good. The cheese was hot and super stringy. I got to extend most of my arm, which attests to how good the cheese pull was, though I do believe this is subject to freshness. 


The sauce: This is where they lose me because the cup of marinara was extra money, so I did not order it this first time. I will update when I do buy the sauce. 


Overall, these were very good and I was super happy with these mozzarella sticks. The price point was also good for the quality you get, eight mozzarella sticks for $6.50. Usually the numbers are the other way around. I do think that charging extra for a cup of sauce is weird, but you win some, you lose some, I think it's worth it to try. 

Also, the idea of the Wegmans food court is a very cute unexpected date night idea because there's something for everyone and a seating area upstairs. You can even order food in advance so you could just come and pick it up. Or, you could buy them frozen and make them at your leisure at home! Great business model, in my opinion. Thanks, Weggy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texas Roadhouse Twisted Mozzarella

IHOP's Mozzarella Sticks

1908 Pizzaria's Mozzarella Sticks