Applebee's Crispy Cheese Bites

 Applebee's Crispy Cheese Bites- 1.5/10 crowns


Applebee's is already on thin ice because they have once again raised their dine for two meal price from 2 for $22 to 2 for $24.

***Update 06/29/2023 2 for TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS NOW.

 Utter jail. Just go to Chili's at that point because in their 2 for $25 dine meal, you get an appetizer, two entrees AND a dessert. 

***Update 06/29/2023 This Chili’s deal doesn’t exist anymore and for that they are on thin ice.

There are just so many things working against these cheese bites. First, Applebee's already has a fried cheese option, the classic mozzarella sticks. These are also expensive AND they are not eligible for the half priced appetizers deal. Applebee's really fumbled the bag.


The breading: The crust was a fried coating which does not necessarily have to be a bad thing, but these are just bland! No flavor. This might be better than a bad flavor, but I was hoping for something. No spices on the coating, nothing! 


The cheese: Once again, this component was bland. Actually, I don't think I liked it. The cheese tasted off, and I think because of that, I did not finish the plate.


The sauce: Yeah, so we were not expecting much but these did not come with classic marinara or a honey mustard (try honey mustard and fried cheese and thank me later), but instead came with their "signature" firecracker mayo. A weird mix, to say the least. It was not spicy (and pepper can be spicy to me), nor was it good. Try again, Applebee's.


Overall, these were very bad. I tried the Applebee's Cheetos cheese bites and had one and sent them back to the kitchen (also because those were just not what I ordered) and I did not think that it would get worse, but oh boy it did. Maybe take these off the menu. Keeping a star because they did not make me ill and they were bad but not inedible. Go to Chili's instead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texas Roadhouse Twisted Mozzarella

IHOP's Mozzarella Sticks

1908 Pizzaria's Mozzarella Sticks